Welcome to the Motoring Soapbox!

In the old days, people would take a big wooden soapbox, drop it down on a street corner, step up on it, and begin talking about anything they had on their minds. Hence the term soap box became THE expression to describe the process of shouting out to the world whatever it was that one wished to share.

Ever since I was a very little boy, as early as 2 years old, I was into reading magazines about cars. Of course I don't think I could read at that time yet but I would browse through them looking at the photos. 

It helped that I grew up surrounded by car enthusiasts and for as long as I can remember, and even to this day, I would hang out in the garage and sit inside a car. When I was a little boy I would sit only in the drivers seat of a stationary car and pretend to drive, complete with a radio for my driving pleasure. I was notorious for running down car batteries then but being the first male child and grandchild has its perks, one of which was the adults would just let me indulge my fantasies.

However, when I was grown up, though I owned and drove my own cars, I still did the same thing, down to the radio, But this time I would start the engine so I could turn on the radio AND the AC. I didn't stop there though because I would also transfer to the different seats, marveling at the comfort or cursing the discomfort of each position in the car, even down to the third row of the vehicle. Probably a bit excessive but it's good, clean fun ;-)

With all that, its safe to say that I really do love cars, even though I am far from being affluent, I have kept my interest in them through the years. However, said financial conditions have limited my garage to either donations, resurrections and absolute bargains. 

So here on my soapbox I would like to share all things automotive that I have on my mind and wish to share at the moment. That would include reviews, new releases that I am excited about, tools and other products. I will also rant and rave about motoring related laws, behavior, etc. 

For now I will kick things off with one or more of several feature columns that will focus on one car in particular. 

These include:

1. Cars from my childhood

2. Cars I have driven, owned, taken for a joyride, etc.

3. Underrated cars and cars that history forgot

4. Cars I currently own

5. Cars on my vision board - feet on the ground edition

6. Cars on my vision board - reaching for the stars edition

For the old cars, my feature would be a mix of what I remember about the car, and how history remembers them.

The feature on the newer cars would include my subjective evaluation about the car, and evaluations from respected sources that I follow either in print or on the web.

So please explore the blog and if you find it entertaining or interesting, please click follow so you can be notified of updates which I aim to keep on a regular basis. 

Thanks for visiting!


Alexis

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Initial thoughts about the Kia EV6 GT

FREE Nissan Skyline History PDF download