The NEW Porsche Panamera




The old Panamera was the butt of many a joke in the old Top Gear show featuring Jeremy Clarkson and company. Somehow, none of the hosts had a kind word to say styling wise about it.

Personally. while I didn't find the car scintillating, it certainly didn't strike me as ugly. In fact, seeing the car in the flesh actually invokes a positive emotional response to its "sedan with Porsche power" looks that cannot be described but is something car enthusiasts know. 

But the new Panamera shown in these videos is a different story altogether. It is, to me, a very attractive large sports sedan. Its not a "shooting brake" type of car, its more like a true long wheelbase 911. Very well executed considering that its not a massive departure from the old. 

Perhaps Jeremy might find this one to be a vindication of sorts for the Porsche Panamera. 







I initially thought that the Panamera would boot a mainstay off my vision board but after poring over the Porsche site, I  realized that I don't have a "shooting brake" model in there yet. 

So here is the new Porsche Panamera Sport Turismo which seems to be a suitable shooting brake so the faster version, Panamera Turbo Sport Turismo is officially a part of my vision board now.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to the Motoring Soapbox!

Initial thoughts about the Kia EV6 GT

FREE Nissan Skyline History PDF download