Initial thoughts about the 2018 Honda CR-V



The 2018 CR-V was launched in the Philippines recently. This version was quite special because it marks the first time that the diesel version appears in the country.

This however, was not the first time that a diesel engine was put in the CR-V. The second generation CR-V was the very first one that had a turbo diesel engine, so it took quite a while for the Honda brass to decide to bring this type of powerplant to our shores.

I drive a 1st generation CR-V, the ubiquitous RD1 which is my car of choice in the Metro. But whenever it was time to gas up, I find myself thinking about how much more practical this car would be if it had a diesel powerplant. In fact, I was looking at the availability of the diesel engine in the surplus market but I had not found one yet.

So I looked forward to the new CR-V diesel with much anticipation but when it was finally announced, I had mixed feelings.

Prior to hearing  about the impending arrival of the diesel CR-V, I was looking at the Ford Everest and the Mitsubishi Montero Sport as possible practical urban daily drivers. So having seen what these cars had, the CR-V was a bit of a let down but to be fair, I haven't been able to do a more comprehensive comparison.

Furthermore, with SRPs ranging from P1.5 M to P2.1M, my initial reaction is that it is overpriced compared to some other diesel SUVs in the market.

So I'll leave it here for now while I compile some data and make a comparison between the CR-V and other SUVs in its price range.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to the Motoring Soapbox!

Initial thoughts about the Kia EV6 GT

FREE Nissan Skyline History PDF download